For the Seamade project, SIF is currently in progress of delivering in total 58 monopiles.
- High tender and contracting activity:
- Contract win for Vineyard windfarm USA (84 monopiles, 103 Kton)
- Contract win for zones 2-4 of Hollandse Kust Zuid windfarm in The Netherlands and post- Q3 also the win of zone 1 of Hollandse Kust Zuid (total project 140 monopiles, 136 Kton)
- First contract with DEME for new Sif marshalling- service on Maasvlakte 2- hub and lease of additional 20 hectares
- Opening of sales- office Japan
- Delay by US federal authority BOEM of Vineyard project for undefined period of time
Roermond, The Netherlands – 28 August 2019. Highlights and Key figures for the first halfyear 2019 are as follows. Reference is made to the PDF attachment for the full Interim 2019 results.
Van Oord’s jack-up Aeolus has sailed away from the Port of Rotterdam with the first load of monopiles for the 731.5MW Borssele III & IV offshore wind farm. Aeolus arrived at the Sif Group terminal on Maasvlakte 2 to load the first of 77 monopiles last week.
The Borssele Alpha and Borssele Beta offshore high-voltage substations are approximately twenty kilometres off the coast of Walcheren and will connect the onshore network to the wind farms that will be built in the Borssele 1-2-3-4-5 areas. Alpha and Beta convert the power supplied by the wind turbines into a high voltage, which is further increased to 380 kV at the receiving station in Borssele for distribution in the national high-voltage grid. Both are being built by HSM Offshore in Schiedam. Sif will deliver the foundation tubes for the jackets for both stations: six per high-voltage substation.
DEME Offshore launching customer for offshore- wind marshalling services
Roermond/Rotterdam, 27 August 2019. Sif Holding n.v. and Port of Rotterdam have agreed on the lease of an additional 20 hectares industrial land, adjacent to Sif’s existing operations at Maasvlakte 2 near Rotterdam. This expansion facilitates Sif’s new business opportunity in response to demand from new and existing clients for marshalling space and onshore support services for offshore wind. This demand is underpinned by the agreement between Sif and DEME Offshore for a major contract on marshalling services starting October 2019.