The cans and cones from Roermond are transported down the river Maas to the Maasvlakte 2 (Rotterdam) facility, where they are assembled into monopiles. The Maasvlakte 2 plant has a state-of-the-art layout over 62 hectares for storage and transshipment with expansion options, with perfect access to the open North Sea.
What we are proud of:
- More than 2,000 monopiles produced.
- Highly automated production processes.
- Early involvement with our customers.
- Powerful partnerships.
- Unique know-how and expertise in rolling and welding.
- Financially sound.
- Proven track record of high quality, delivery on time within budget.
- Robust quality, health, safety and environmental procedures.
- Relentless focus on sustainability and our employees’ well-being.
Key data Sif production site
monopiles per week
Our excellent facilities include the deep-water quay of 628 metres length and easy accessibility.
Because installation ships require our services in any case in order to load monopiles, it pays for various companies to also use our site for other logistics and final assembly services, and ultimately as a marshalling port for their projects. All required equipment, facilities and labour to execute clients’ requirements can be mobilized on site.