Sif was founded in 1948 and is among the largest steel tubular manufacturers for offshore foundations for wind farms and oil & gas platforms. The offshore market is continuously changing. This requires vision and innovation that shape future developments. At the same time, we recognise that we have to perform every day. Sif has proved itself as a reliable business partner because Sif is already meeting these challenges today.
We continue to invest in new technologies, production capacity and future-proof production facilities. In addition, in the 70 years of history, more than 1700 foundations have been produced for offshore wind and oil & gas. Sif is responsible for delivering large components of practical every major oil & gas jacket foundation. This, together with our agile approach, makes us a strong player and reliable partner in the market. We are involved at a very early stage at all levels to ensure an optimal total cost solution for our customers. We shape product design to meet the highest demands. Additionaly we know the importance of on time delivery and that's why we attach great importance to process optimization and strategic partnerships, enabling us to ensure our promiss: delivering quality on-time.
Download our company documentation
Sif is a customer-focused manufacturer of complete steel offshore foundations and components for wind power and oil and gas production platforms. Our main focus is on customer satisfaction by ensuring our deliveries are made on time, to agreed quality specs, and within financial budgets. Sif’s approach to continuous improvement and innovation helps it to reduce overall costs and provide the best possible quality to its customers..
To be the leading supplier of offshore tubular structures and components for large-dimensioned steel foundations based on the most efficient production facilities. We aim to exceed customers’ expectations in terms of quality, innovation, safety, and services. At the moment, Sif is predominately active in north-western Europe and will actively expand its business internationally step by step using its in-house expertise and independently designed equipment. Sif operates in a stimulating and rewarding environment that attracts highly qualified personnel, suppliers, and other business partners. Sif is playing its part in the energy transition to reduce CO2 and slow down global warming.
- We are proud to work at Sif and strive for a corporate culture of collaboration
- Our relationship with customers and business partners is the key to success.
- We commit ourselves to the best craftmanship
- We have open communication based on trust and respect
- We are honourable en take responsibility
- Safety has priority and we do not doubt to correct each other if necessary
- We deliver according to agreements
- We enjoy working for Sif
- More than 1.700 references in oil & gas and offshore wind
- Highly automated production processes
- Early and high involvement with our customers
- Powerful partnerships
- Thorough quality, health, safety and environmental procedures
- Unique know-how and expertise in rolling and welding
- Financial stability
- 42 hectare assembly and coating facility including storage area and a 400 meter long deepsea quay side with 16,5 meter draught at Maasvlakte 2 with direct access to the North Sea
- Proven track record of delivery of high quality in time within budget
- 4-5 XL monopiles per week
- Diameters up to 11 meters
- Max length: 120 meters
- Max weight: 2000 MT
- Annual capacity: 300.000 MT
- Max load out capacity ground bearing: 10 MT/m2 (Maasvlakte 2)
- Max wall thickness: 250 mm by cold rolling
- Stress relieving: max dimensions 25 x 7 x 7 mtr max 600 Celsius
- Storage and trans-shipment area Maasvlakte: 42 hectares
- Deep sea quay of 400 meters length and 16,5 meter draught
Plate delivery > Rolling > Positioning and tack welding > Inside longitudinal welding > Outside longitudinal milling > Outside longitudinal welding > Cans and cones to Maasvlakte 2 > Inside circumferential welding of cans and cones > Outside circumferential milling > Outside circumferential welding > Coating > Storage and trans-shipment at Maasvlakte 2 > Load-out onto installation vessel
Watch the video to see our production process: How to make a monopile