Roermond, The Netherlands – 17 December 2019. Eiffage Métal SAS awarded Sif Holding n.v. the order for the delivery of 80 monopiles and the primary steel for 80 transition pieces (77 KTon steel) for the 480 MW Saint- Nazaire offshore wind farm in France. Sif’s scope comprises manufacturing of the monopiles, storage at our MV2 facility and delivery at our deep sea quay side in 2020-2021 and the delivery of the primary steel for the transition pieces to Smulders Hoboken.
- High tender and contracting activity:
- Contract win for Vineyard windfarm USA (84 monopiles, 103 Kton)
- Contract win for zones 2-4 of Hollandse Kust Zuid windfarm in The Netherlands and post- Q3 also the win of zone 1 of Hollandse Kust Zuid (total project 140 monopiles, 136 Kton)
- First contract with DEME for new Sif marshalling- service on Maasvlakte 2- hub and lease of additional 20 hectares
- Opening of sales- office Japan
- Delay by US federal authority BOEM of Vineyard project for undefined period of time
Sif at Maasvlakte 2
Van Oord’s jack-up Aeolus has sailed away from the Port of Rotterdam with the first load of monopiles for the 731.5MW Borssele III & IV offshore wind farm. Aeolus arrived at the Sif Group terminal on Maasvlakte 2 to load the first of 77 monopiles last week.