Our environmental, health and safety policy is implemented by giving substance to the following key points:
- Ensuring adequate evaluation and proactive management of potential risks.
- Ensuring sufficient competence of personnel by providing adequate training.
- Minimizing the impact on the environment and ensuring recycling of materials.
- Safe handling of hazardous substances.
- Preventing damage to the environment, buildings, machines, materials and other facilities.
- Complying with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Establishing and applying standard procedures and instructions.
- Implementing the International Ship and Port Facility Security Code (ISPS Code) at the Sif Terminal at Maasvlakte 2.
We focus on continuous improvement through:
- Providing sufficient resources.
- Actively pursuing and maintaining a ‘no blame’ culture based on learning.
- Setting objectives aimed at continuous improvement.
- Conducting periodic reviews by measuring and analyzing performance.
It is a requirement for all employees to work in a safe and careful manner, in order to prevent danger and risks to themselves, others and the environment. A well-organized and clean working environment, discipline, respect for each other and our facilities are of fundamental importance here.
Close to 100% of the foundations that Sif delivers are for offshore wind farms. Sif also actively strives to reduce its carbon footprint by producing and transporting in a smarter and more sustainable way.
In addition, we facilitate for renewable energy initiatives on our company site such as a next-generation offshore wind test turbine operational since 2019. We aim to be CO2 neutral for all our primary business activities in the Netherlands by 2030. If we include the green power generation of our test turbine, we are already CO2 neutral in 2021.