Our monopiles and transition pieces for Triton Knoll offshore wind farm farm have been loaded by Seaway Strahsnov. At the same time a met mast monopile that collected wind and wave data for offshore wind farm East Anglia ONE was demolished. This was delivered at Sif by James Fisher and Pacific Osprey of Swire Blue Ocean.
Siemens and Sif have signed a contract for marshalling activities that will start in 2021 and continue until 2023. Siemens is the second client to make use of the complete logistics services offered by the Sif terminal at the Tweede Maasvlakte location. Sif's first assignment for marshalling activities was commissioned by Deme Offshore. Sif is responsible for all logistics activities for the monopiles at areas 1 and 2 of the Borssele wind farm zone.
These are the general rules:
- Only necessary visits to Sif branches are allowed. If there is a lack of clarity regarding the necessity of a visit, this will be decided by management.
- If business group meetings are planned, such as company visits, guided tours, or presentations, these should be postponed until further notice or be organized in another way (e.g. online).
- Physical meetings with more than six people, including employees of Sif, are not allowed.
Vattenfall has taken final investment decision for Hollandse Kust Zuid 1-4 proceeding with the construction of what will be the world’s largest offshore wind farm. With its installed capacity of 1,500 MW, the Hollandse Kust Zuid offshore wind farm will be the largest of its kind worldwide, when fully operational in 2023. It will produce enough electricity to cover the consumption of over two million Dutch households.
On 25 April 2020, Van Oord successfully installed the Slip Joint foundation at the Borssele 5 wind farm using a monopile and transition piece from Sif. It is the first time that an underwater Slip Joint foundation has been installed on an offshore wind turbine on a fully commercial basis anywhere in the world. Sif also supplied a foundation treated with TSA (Thermal Sprayed Aluminium) in a fully automated process – TSA is an alternative coating that protects the pile from corrosion.
On 9 April, the Dutch Minister for Foreign Trade and Development Cooperation and participants/companies of Holland Home of Energy (HHWE), of which Sif is a member, signed a covenant entitled ‘Offshore Wind USA’.
The aim of this three-year covenant is to increase Dutch trade relations and market share in the United States of America (US) by promoting the Dutch offshore wind sector, stimulating knowledge exchange, and strengthening government-to-government relations.
Despite the concerns and measures due to the corona crisis, our craftsmen and women are still working hard to fullfill our orderbook in a responsible and safe way. Thanks to their dedication, inventiveness and resilience, we have reached a special milestone: Sif’s 2000th monopile!
Residents of the Netherlands are discouraged from visiting private occasions where groups of people are present. We follow this policy for all Sif employees. We take the following measures regarding work situations:
- Only visits (at Sif or elsewhere) that are necessary for safety reasons or to keep production going (for example maintenance and repair) are allowed. Other visits or activities are suspended until further notice.
- If business group meetings are planned, such as company visits, guided tours or presentations, they must be postponed until further notice or be offered in another way (online).
- Physical meetings with more than 6 people are not allowed.
In general and for everyone: Try to communicate as much as possible via telephone, e-mail and Skype.