As one of the 14 founding fathers of GROW, Sif saw the need for making the pile installation process as efficient as possible and therefor adressed the research and development of Gentle Driving of Piles (GDP). Read more
Sif is currently fabricating 50% of the Monopile foundations for the Borssele 1-2 project, which is the first project in cooperation with Ørsted. The project scope for Sif is containing the fabrication and coating of 47 monopile foundations from two different diameters being 7,8 meter and 8.3.
- High tender and contracting activity:
- Contract win for Vineyard windfarm USA (84 monopiles, 103 Kton)
- Contract win for zones 2-4 of Hollandse Kust Zuid windfarm in The Netherlands and post- Q3 also the win of zone 1 of Hollandse Kust Zuid (total project 140 monopiles, 136 Kton)
- First contract with DEME for new Sif marshalling- service on Maasvlakte 2- hub and lease of additional 20 hectares
- Opening of sales- office Japan
- Delay by US federal authority BOEM of Vineyard project for undefined period of time
Roermond, The Netherlands – 17 December 2019. Eiffage Métal SAS awarded Sif Holding n.v. the order for the delivery of 80 monopiles and the primary steel for 80 transition pieces (77 KTon steel) for the 480 MW Saint- Nazaire offshore wind farm in France. Sif’s scope comprises manufacturing of the monopiles, storage at our MV2 facility and delivery at our deep sea quay side in 2020-2021 and the delivery of the primary steel for the transition pieces to Smulders Hoboken.
Sif at Maasvlakte 2
Van Oord’s jack-up Aeolus has sailed away from the Port of Rotterdam with the first load of monopiles for the 731.5MW Borssele III & IV offshore wind farm. Aeolus arrived at the Sif Group terminal on Maasvlakte 2 to load the first of 77 monopiles last week.
The Borssele Alpha and Borssele Beta offshore high-voltage substations are approximately twenty kilometres off the coast of Walcheren and will connect the onshore network to the wind farms that will be built in the Borssele 1-2-3-4-5 areas. Alpha and Beta convert the power supplied by the wind turbines into a high voltage, which is further increased to 380 kV at the receiving station in Borssele for distribution in the national high-voltage grid. Both are being built by HSM Offshore in Schiedam. Sif will deliver the foundation tubes for the jackets for both stations: six per high-voltage substation.